Main - Multimedia - Collectibles - Misc. Pages - Discussion Forums - People - Articles - Relatives
FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in

Yoda Doll Question

View previous topic :: View next topic
mrsfox

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:20 am
Post subject: Yoda Doll Question
Im just wondering if someone can help me. I have a friend who has a Yoda. He is the old Yoda from the first StarWars movie released. He was apparently used in the foyer at the premiere of the movie in Queensland Australia to promote the movie and stands a little taller than the actual Yoda they used in the movie. He is extremley life like and is in excellent condition! I can get pictures if it will help but Im just asking roughly what he is worth as she is interested in selling. She paid quite a bit for it in an Antique shop.

She also has alot of the original dolls still in thier boxes. Any idea if they are of any value these days?
YodaJeff
Site Admin / Webmaster

Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:56 pm
Post subject:
A picture would definitely help, as it's hard to identify the item based on description alone. Even with a picture, I may not be able to identify the item or give a rough estimate of what it's worth, because it may have only been released in Australia, and could be quite rare.

As for the other older figures, the prices vary depending on the condition of the packaging, which character it is, and which version of the character, figure, and packaging it is. The values could easily range from a few dollars to a few hundred dollars.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mrsfox

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:06 pm
Post subject:
Thanks for your help! Heres a picture! I was wondering if it was only in Australia. Ive asked around on the U.S. sites and no one seems to know this particular piece. Your help would be great.
Hes 68cm tall approximatley and he feels kind of rubbery.
YodaCollector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:40 am
Post subject:
That is a pretty interesting looking character. I have not seen one quite like it before.

First step would be to see if there are any markings on it. If its a licensed product, there will be something on it.

My guess however is that it is custom made Yoda. It is cool but not quite as nice as some of the professional licensed versions out there. They typically sell for $300-$600US. I would guess a custom would sell for less.

BUT...this has a interesting story...being displayed at the premiere. If you could get the facts in writting (in letter form).....that could really increase the value. It would be worth while to find out its history and verify it. That is where its value will really come from.

The little puppet is a vintage item, but they don't reallly sell for much .. $25US maybe.

Let me know what happens....I am curious to find out.

scott.melanson@brokenchalksoftware.com
mrsfox

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:24 pm
Post subject:
Thanks for your information Yoda Collector.
I will try and find out as much as possible. It was purchased in an antique shop in Queensland anyway. The lady who has him is a good friend of mine and is getting onto her daughter about it as she purchased it for her.
The small doll in the picture is just there to show you the size of him. I thought this doll was fairly common so it was put there for that reason!
I will get back to you soon,, Thanks again:)
YodaJeff
Site Admin / Webmaster

Post Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:07 pm
Post subject:
Yeah, it looks like a custom piece to me. YodaCollector pretty much nailed it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Darlene

Post Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:42 pm
Post subject: Yoda Collectibles
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=399205230187939&l=b03d55bb9f

Ive been give this Yoda by a friend its from Star wars 3 2005 ,it just hangs in my closet, can anyone talk to me about him he around 30 inch he is life size a little green giant!
YodaCollector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:51 pm
Post subject:
I think it is the K-Mart promotion Yoda. They made so many variations of this style its hard to keep track of it all. I think it was part of a contest at each store. Had a cool display box for it. I have not seen any of these sell recently, so not sure about a value. I would guess $50 at auction.